Recognizing the importance of energy efficiency and environmental concerns as a strategy for corporate social responsibility, 3M stated that they've worked the past 10 years (and longer) to improve their processes, raw materials, and efficient methods for resource savings. Among 3M's sustainable products are 3M Novec Engineered Fluids, 3M Window Films, and 3M LED Advanced Lighting.
The EPA recognized 3M for a number of efforts including:
- Implementation of 252 projects, which resulted in savings of $8.79 million and 61,700 metric tons of CO2
- Development of a strategic initiative to identify and implement projects to make step-change improvements in greenhouse gas emissions and energy efficiency
- Formation of Centers of Excellence to integrate all aspects of sustainability into business strategies company-wide
- Enacting energy-saving innovations in diverse markets, and engaging communities globally in energy and sustainability dialogues
Xcel Energy 2013 Energy Efficiency Expo Award for saving nearly 1.8 million therms of gas. And in an effort to further solidify their commitment to corporate responsibility, 3M became a member of the United Nations Global Compact, a voluntary initiative that outlines 10 doctrines in the areas of human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption.
Q Source has been an authorized distributor of 3M products for more than a decade. We congratulate them on their recognition and continued sustainability efforts.
If there's a product or topic you'd like to see The Q Source Resource write about please let us know. We'd also appreciate if you share this blog post with your friends and colleagues via the social media links below. If you have questions or comments about anything on The Q Source Resource or QSource.com please leave us a message in the comments section.
For additional Q Source product information, reviews, how-to articles, and special offers please subscribe to our email newsletter.
- 2013 Edison Awards Winners Announced
- 3M Wins Two 2012 Edison Awards
- 3M Products Win Design Awards – Industry News