These two new ESD-safe soldering stations from Weller feature a variety of options, many of which were inspired by customer feedback. The main difference between the two is that the WX1 accepts one tool (e.g., a soldering iron) at a time, while the WX2 accepts two tools (soldering irons, tweezers, etc.). Each model has identical temperature range (adjustable temperature range varies among tools (100°C – 450° C | 200° F – 850° F)), temperature accuracy (+/- 9° C (+/- 17° F)), and temperature stability (+/- 6° C (+/- 10° F)).
A closer look at the screen reveals a slew of important information including which tool is plugged into the unit, what the current temperature setting is, and what preset temperature options are available. The WX2 unit is similar, except it displays information for both attached tools.
The front of the soldering station features a convenient layout of three ports (four on the WX2). First there is/are the tool receptacle(s) with quick-change connectors for attaching soldering irons, tweezers, etc. Next, we have the RJ45 port (a second one is on the back of the unit) to manage fume extractors, heating plates, etc. And, finally, a new feature is a multi-purpose USB port for quick firmware updates, data logging, and parameter configuration.
Weller's goal with these stations is to keep the cost of ownership down by helping you conserve energy and providing a system that features intelligent power management (such as the WX-Series handpieces that automatically detect movement and wake the base unit from the user-programmable sleep mode). Along with powerful soldering and an extensive degree of tool compatibility, the WX Series Stations boast the following features and benefits:
- 200/240W Total Power – The WX1 supports operation of one 200W tool; the WX2 supports simultaneous operation of two 120W tools
- Global Language Support – Display multiple languages via the menu
- Automatic Energy Saving Mode – On most models, the user can select a stand-by mode through visual process control via blue LED light ring (light on = heater on, light off = heater off)
- Increased Accuracy –The pencil’s digital sensor is optimized at short range for peak performance
- Programmable Read and Write Memory – Allows for quick tool exchange and soldering station adjustments are reduced
- Weller WX1 (Q Source #: C010-000716) - WX Series 200W Single-Channel Soldering Station
- Weller WX2 (Q Source #: C010-000717) - WX Series 240W Two-Channel Soldering Station
- Weller WX1010 (Q Source #: C010-000712) - WX1 Digital Soldering Station w/WXP120 Soldering Iron & WDH51 Stand, ESD-Safe, 120W
- Weller WX1011 (Q Source #: C010-000713) - WX1 Digital Soldering Station w/WXMP-MS Soldering Iron & WDH51 Stand, ESD-Safe, 40W
- Weller WX1012 (Q Source #: C010-000714) - WX1 Digital Soldering Station w/WXP65 Soldering Iron & WDH10 Stand, ESD-Safe, 65W
- Weller WX2020 (Q Source #: C010-000666) - WX2 Digital Soldering Station w/2 WXP120 Soldering Irons & WDH10 Stands, ESD-Safe, 120W
- Weller WX2021 (Q Source #: C010-000715) - WX2 Digital Soldering Station w/WXMP-MS Soldering Iron/WXMT-MS Desoldering Iron & Stands, 40/80W