Simco-Ion has taken into account the various environments and applications that the FMX-004 will be used in and designed it accordingly. The unit is easy-to-read (with a Hold button that retains the static charge in case the user cannot readily see the display), includes a conductive case and ground strap for grounding, and has an auto shut-off feature making it energy efficient.
The Simco-Ion FMX-004 Electrostatic Field Meter locates and measures positive and negative polarity charges within ± 30kV (30,000 V) at a distance of 1" using air ionization. The unit features two LED guide lights and an audible alarm to help the user position the FMX-004 at the right distance from the charged test object. Measured results are displayed in both numerical and bar graph formats and signals to a chart recorder or similar devices for hard copy documentation. The user can also access the analog output (with optional cable and bracket) for feeding the output signal to a data acquisition card, data logger, PLC, chart reader, etc.
- Auto: 0 - ± 1.49 kV (low range); ± 1 kV to ± 30 kV (hi range)
- Hi range: 0 - ± kV
- Low range: 0 - ± 3 kV
- Ion balance: 0 - ± 300 V
- Distance: 1" ± 0.015625" (25 mm ± 0.5 mm) – uses LED guide for correct distance
- Response time: Display updates less than 5 times per second
- Accuracy: 20 kV ± 10%
- Analog out: Response speed 40 ms
- Controls: Push-button Power, Hold, Zero, and Mode (ion balance operation)
- Indicators: Bar graph - Positive polarity voltage, red LCD, negative polarity voltage, blue LCD, battery capacity and error display indicators
- Audible alarm: Beep power on, power on with auto off, over range, auto power off and continuous operation
- Power: 9V 6F22Y manganese battery
- 4.875" (123 mm) long
- 2.875" (73 mm) wide
- 1" (25 mm) deep
- 6 oz. (170 g)
Visit QSource.com to purchase your Simco-Ion FMX-004 Electrostatic Field Meter. You may also contact us via phone (800-966-6020) or email for questions, more info, or to make a purchase.
If there's a product or topic you'd like to see The Q Source Resource write about please let us know. We'd also appreciate if you share this blog post with your friends and colleagues via the social media links below. If you have questions or remarks about the Simco-Ion FMX-004, or anything on The Q Source Resource or QSource.com, please leave us a message in the comments section.
For additional Q Source product information, reviews, how-to articles, and special offers please subscribe to our email newsletter.
Previous Simco-Ion Related Articles