|3M's Dri-Shield 2000 & 2700 Series Bags|
are on a shipping hold.
BLOG UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 4, 2013 – IMPORTANT NEWS3M has now added the 3M SCC Dri-Shield 3000 Series and 3400 Series Moisture Barrier Bags to their shipping hold list. The Dri-Shield 2000, 2700, 3000, and 3400 Series Bags will be unavailable until further notice. We will continue to provide updated information about these bags as it becomes available to us.
For questions about the 3M Moisture Barrier Bags or related issues, please call us at 800-966-6020 or email us and we’ll be happy to assist you.
3M recently announced a shipping hold on their 3M Moisture Barrier Bags SCC Dri-Shield 2000 and SCC Dri-Shield 2700. The hold was put in place after tests showed Moisture Vapor Transmission Rates (MVTR is the amount of moisture that passes through to the bag interior over time) were above the specifications for these products. 3M is continuing to conduct tests and investigate the issue.
3M reported they have received questions regarding performance of the packaging system when using the Dri-Shield 2000 and 2700 Bags with desiccant. Desiccant is placed in the bag prior to sealing to capture moisture. The amount of desiccant needed is calculated by using:
- The bag's MVTR
- The maximum amount of humidity allowed inside the bag, based on the user's product
- The expected storage temperature and humidity conditions for the bag
- The expected storage time
- The desiccant‘s moisture capture capacity
- Reduce the storage time
- Change the storage humidity conditions outside of the bag
- Periodically, open a limited number of bags and read the humidity indicator card (HIC) to confirm acceptable bag interior dryness. Reseal opened bags with additional new desiccant
- Proactively add desiccant to the bag now
|3M Dri-Shield 3000 & 3400 Series Bags|
have now been added to the ship hold list.
If there's a product or topic you'd like to see The Q Source Resource write about please let us know. We'd also appreciate if you share this blog post with your friends and colleagues via the social media links below. If you have questions or comments about 3M Moisture Barrier Bags or related topics please leave us a message in the comments section.
For additional Q Source product information, reviews, how-to articles, and special offers please subscribe to our email newsletter.