3M has more than 40 years of experience as a leader in developing safety solutions. Their safety product line spans a number of categories including respiratory gear (with all the related filters/vapor cartridges and facepieces), protective eyewear, head protection (such as hardhats, faceshields, and welding helmets) ear protection (including ear plugs and earmuffs), and more.
RESPIRATORY GEARWe've added a wide selection of 3M's respiratory products to our lineup. Whether it is a disposable or reusable respirator, facepiece, filter, or an organic vapor cartridge, we're confident you'll be able to find respiratory product solutions that provide comfort, convenience, and value while protecting against particles, gases, and vapors.
3M FF-402 FF-400 Series Ultimate FX Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator is one of about twenty new respirator-related products we’ve added to our site. The FF-402, for use in extreme environments, is designed for secure comfort and has a long list of impressive features:
- The FF-402's Comfort Head Cradle reduces pressure points and hair pulling by positioning the respirator more comfortably on the head
- A soft silicone nose cup and faceseal and 3M's Cool Flow™ Valve provide easier breathing and comfortable use
- The Ultimate FX Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator's large lens promotes excellent peripheral vision
- The cartridge attachments (low-profile bayonet style) have been designed for improved balance and better weight distribution
- Head harness straps on the FF-402 provide a secure fit (six-strap configuration) and long-lasting durability (straps are pulled more than one million times during testing)
- The FF-400 Series are the only respirators to use 3M’s exclusive Scotchgard™ coating
- A paint- and stain-resistant lens and Scotchgard Semi-permanent Lens Cover provide ease of cleaning and durability
PROTECTIVE EYEWEARProtective eyewear is an extremely important safety precaution in a number of tasks and that's why we've added more than a dozen 3M safety glasses and goggles to our selection. 3M's protective eyewear solutions meet the ANSI Z87.1-2003 High Impact Requirements and absorb 99.9% UV with their polycarbonate lenses. Available in a number of styles, 3M's protective eyewear products assure the wearer of comfort and safety while looking good.
Light Vision™ 2 Protective Eyewear offer vision protection with integrated lighting that enables hands-free working in low-light or dark environments. The integrated LED lights, located near the temples, swivel for directional aiming of the light and their long-lasting batteries offer up to 50 hours of continuous use. Perfect for use in assembly, cleaning, machine operations, and more 3M's LightVision 2 glasses feature:
- Directed hands-free lighting
- Adjustable, ultra-bright LED lights
- Adjustable soft nose bridge temple length
- Meets the requirements of CSA Z94.3-2007 & ANSI Z87.1-2003 High Impact
HEAD PROTECTION3M's head protection products, including hard hats, welding helmets, and faceshields, were created to protect the wearer's head and face from a number of hazards. Using their innovative design technology, 3M has created head protection solutions that are lightweight, comfortable, and safe.
The 3M Speedglas™ 9100 FX Welding Helmet w/Auto-Darkening Filter offers safety, style, and comfort for a variety of welding tasks in industries such as automotive, metal production & fabrication, transportation, construction, and others. The Speedglas 9100 FX's auto-darkening filter with sensitivity adjustment allows for processes such as Stick, MIG, and TIG. 3M’s 9100 FX Welding Helmet also features:
- A clear, 8" x 4.25" faceshield
- Flip up auto darkening filter with dark shades 5, 8-13
- Aerodynamic exhaust vent technology
- Standard headcover
- Increased peripheral view with Shade 5 SideWindows
HEARING PROTECTION3M knows there are a range of environments and needs to be met when it comes to hearing protection. Challenges like properly fitting ear plugs, varying weather conditions, or the need to communicate in loud areas, are met by 3M’s wide selection of ear plugs, earmuffs, and other solutions for protecting the user’s hearing.
E-A-R™ Express™ Pod Plugs™ product from 3M were designed with a unique grip that allows for easy fitting and help to keep the ear plug clean when the wearer's hands are dirty. The slow recovery foam will insert easily and then seal the ear canal providing comfortable hearing protection. Among the E-A-R Express Uncorded Pod Plugs' other features are:
- Earplugs are kept clean when they are not being worn with the included Reusable Pillow Pack
- Yellow foam plugs with assorted color grips
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)* 25 dB. CSA Class AL
- Test compatible with 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Validation System
If there's a product or topic you'd like to see The Q Source Resource write about please let us know. We'd also appreciate if you share this blog post with your friends and colleagues via the social media links below. And, as always, feel free to leave us a message in the comments section.
For additional Q Source product information, reviews, how-to articles, and special offers please subscribe to our email newsletter.